Thursday, November 8, 2012

early resolutions

I know I know, its only November, we haven't had Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Years, why am I already making resolutions? simply because I can. and I found this on pinterest:
http://www.ludlowandco.com/2012/08/bookaholics-anonymous/
while I may not be in a quarter life crisis at the moment, sometimes I wonder :-P
Reasoning pro:  a lot of these were already on my "to-read" list, 2012 I set the goal of 30 books without starting in January
Reasoning con: next spring will be my first semester as a full time student since 2008, and I feel like I don't have time as a part time student.
But, we are going to try it, because... I LOVE reading!

So here is the list of 30 books suggested,
1. Confessions of a Shopaholic – Sophie Kinsella
2. Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen
3. Girls in White Dresses – Jennifer Close
4. The Girl’s Guide to Hunting and Fishing -Melissa Bank
5. Bitches on a Budget: Sage Advice for Surviving Tough Times in Style – Rosalyn Hoffman
6. What I Know Now: Letters to My Younger Self – Ellyn Spragins
7. The Joy Luck Club – Amy Tan
8. What Did I Do Wrong? – Liz Pryor
9.  20-Something, 20-Everything: A Quarter-life Woman’s Guide to Balance and Direction – Christine Hassler
10. Single: The Art of Being Satisfied, Fulfilled, and Independent - Judy Ford
11. The Awakening – Kate Chopin
12. Daughters of the North – Sarah Hall
13. Gone Girl – Gillian Flynn
14. Gone With the Wind – Margaret Mitchell
15. The Unbearable Lightness of Being – Milan Kundera
16. The Portable Dorothy Parker – Dorothy Parker
17. The Handmaid’s Tale – Margaret Atwood
18. The Edible Woman – Margaret Atwood
19. A Place of Yes: 10 Rules for Getting Everything You Want Out of Life - Bethenny Frankel
20. The Secret Life of Bees – Sue Monk Kidd
21. Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) - Mindy Kaling
22. Bossypants – Tina Fey
23. Let’s Pretend This Never Happened (A Mostly True Memoir) – Jenny Lawson
24. Me Talk Pretty One Day – David Sedari
25. Night - Elie Wiesel
26. Heartburn – Nora Ephron
27. The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath
28. Are You There, Vodka? It’s Me, Chelsea – Chelsea Handler
29. Mother Night – Kurt Vonnegut
30. The Rise of Enlightened Sexism: How Pop Culture Took Us from Girl Power to Girls Gone Wild

I've already read: 1,2, and 4.
In the process: 20

Edited Jan 7th:
Read 1, 2, 4, 12, 17, 20, 22. In process: 3, 6

Edited Jan 27th:
Read 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 12, 17, 20, 22. In process: 21, 24

No comments:

Post a Comment