Tuesday, March 13, 2012

mild winter

well, looking out the window today, it seems that winter is over. Gorgeous day for some wedding crafting too!! Taking pictures, but items are still drying, so no full post yet.

here's the rest of what has been happening while I've been blog-less

January
Lots of school, and working on a lap-sized afghan for my sister that was supposed to have been finished in 2011. Started in the fall, and therefore it is layered in fall colors. Love entre-lac but may have bitten off more than I could chew. Still an in-progress project, but slowly gaining. When I get the chance to pick up the needles.

Sister who the gift is for, requested I start on another project. And I'd agreed. It needed to be done before February when she was returning to the tour she was on (more to come in my next update) and I had planned to see her in the end of January. So I set down the lap-ghan and started a Tigers hat!
I've shown one before on this blog, so I knew I could knit it up quickly.
Took less than a week (closer to 24hrs really) with knitting nearly non-stop. Liked the end result, but still don't like working color block much.
Double knit is my favorite way to make designs, but then they are so thick! Not great for a hat, unless you are walking through a blizzard.

February
It started sinking in that the wedding was right around the corner. Invites had already gone out, and I was starting alterations on the dress. I'd had so so many diy ideas for money saving and cuteness for the wedding, but time was getting short!! I'm still hoping to get some/most of the ideas done, but I'm learning to let go a little (gotta control that stress level). Using a fabric swatch for my accent color I went shopping for flowers.

These are the bunches I found. Luckily Hobby Lobby has sales every other week, so I can shop and stock up as needed. I wasn't sure when I started how many flowers each bouquet would need. But I knew my colors.
It was tricky at first. I searched pintrest and google, and looked for do-it-yourself helpful tips. Most of the tips were for using fresh flowers. I wasn't going to be able to make these last minute. The week before the wedding is going to be BUSY enough already. Plus the school work that would be building up about the same time. Fresh flowers require completion JUST before they are used. Can't stock up and get to it when there is time.
So silk flowers it was. I have since created three bouquets. But the picture on the left is the first attempt. So far it has been the best. I'm not sure how to get myself back in that mindset, or pick out the exact right sets of flowers.
Crafting for today has to do with the flowers. I am painting vases. Rubber-bands and frosty paint. Couple other little bits and pieces too.
Thank goodness the weather is nice today, the paint needed it, and I need time in-case I hate them. (but i shouldn't)

Lets see... that should about wrap up the highs of what I didn't blog about for six-ish months. Paint drying on the balcony, paint drying in the living room, and scrapbook paper that needs cutting. Next update will have a lot of wedding craftiness!! :-D

1 comment:

  1. And the HAT was a success!! Ill get a picture soon :) THANKS!!

    ReplyDelete