Sunday, March 11, 2012

2011 Resolutions

Lets Review: I wanted to...

* Put money in Savings Account
* Read more Classics
* Have ME time

the only one that I did GREAT at was reading. I read Little Women, Pride & Prejudice, Jane Eyre, Catcher in the Rye, Lord of the Flies, To Kill a Mockingbird, and started in on two more that I still try to keep reading...just can't pull me in the way I want books to
That brings me up to 15/100 on that list. There are a lot on that list I still want to read, but I have a lifetime to get back around to that.

Money in the savings account. I put here and there a little, but mainly I just spent well, and then realized I needed ME time, and spent some on FUN. I got more pedicures, and new dresses, and things that I usually wouldn't budget for. I let myself get rewarded for saving well in the past. This year I will continue to work on putting money away and not spending it, but I'm comfortable right now with where my finances are.

I think 2011 was a really good year for me. I was responsible, did pretty well in classes, and still came out sane (mostly). There were a lot more things I wished I'd had time for, but then I would not nearly have worked enough hours to make sure rent, car insurance, electricity, etc were paid monthly.

Speaking of working enough hours... double today, then spring break is over and its time to get back to bed early with those dang alarms waking me up for school. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment